Our Mission: To provide dependable and efficient emergency services.
Our Vision: To promote and encourage high quality training, education and development to better serve our community.
Our Values: These attributes make up our core values: Integrity, Compassion, and Pride.
The Baker City Fire Department (BCFD) responded to 1,933 calls for emergency service in 2016 providing both fire and emergency medical services to our citizens. BCFD personnel also provided emergency medical services to the citizens outside the Baker City limits along with mutual aid fire protection to our neighboring departments. The Baker City Fire Department is responsible for approximately 8 square miles and 10,000 citizens for fire protection and approximately 1600 square miles and 14,500 citizens for paramedic services.
BCFD has one centrally located fire station staffed 24 hours/day. There are 14 professional career firefighters and 14 paid-part time firefighters. All professional career employees are Oregon certified EMT-Intermediates or EMT-Paramedics. Several of our paid-part time firefighters are Oregon certified EMT’s or EMT-Intermediates also. All of our personnel have met high levels of training in fire suppression operations. BCFD operates two front-line Type 1 fire engines, one 75 ft Aerial (Quint) ladder truck, four ALS ambulances, one rescue/command vehicle, one Type 6 Brush Patrol and one Command vehicle.
The Baker City Fire Department is the only professional fire department in Baker County. BCFD provides paramedic ambulance service and fire suppression service county wide. BCFD is focused on the community and takes pride in working efficiently, effectively and safely while producing positive outcomes for those who need our service. If you have any questions or comments, or would like to access the non-emergency services we provide, feel free to call us at 541-523-3711.
Emergency services are most familiar to the public. The same emergency employees that respond to your home or business in an emergency also offer a variety of public programs and services when not engaged with emergencies. Some of our programs include:
- FireMed Membership Program. FireMed is a community program offered by the Baker City Fire Department to provide high-quality emergency ambulance service that is affordable and accessible to everyone. Your membership fees help pay for the training and equipment needed to assure fast, expert paramedic response to every medical emergency. For Life Flight information please click here.
- Group Facility Tours. Do you or your children have an interest in what firefighters do or how our equipment works? We offer group tours at the fire station regularly. Call the station at 541-523-3711 and inquire.
- Blood Pressure Checks. You may have your blood pressure checked by the on-duty crew at the fire station nearly any time. Just stop by the station and ask the crew when they are in-quarters. Don't be surprised if they ask how you're feeling! They'll want to know if it's a routine blood pressure check, or if you are feeling some discomfort that caused you to stop in.
- Public Education. The fire department offers a variety of fire safety classes and/or presentations to local businesses, schools and community groups as well as junior fire setter intervention.
- Fire inspections and Pre-Fire Planning. The fire department inspects local businesses and public buildings for fire hazards and performs pre-fire planning of hazardous occupancies.
Keep Baker City "Fire Safe & Fire Ready" please report all fire hazards by calling 541-523-3711.