The Baker City Building Department issues all permits and provides full plan review and inspection services for properties within Baker County.
The Building Department conducts inspections for structural, electrical, plumbing and mechanical, and manufactured dwellings Monday-Thursday between 8:00-4:00pm. If you need an inspection please call 541-524-2054 (choose option #1) to schedule. Please notify us before 7:30 am to request same day inspection. While we inspection the Baker Valley area Monday - Thursday, our usual schedule for inspection in the outlying areas are:
Mondays & Wednesdays: Sumpter, Durkee, Huntington, Greenhorn
Tuesdays & Thursdays: Richland, Halfway, Cornucopia, Oxbow
The ePermitting Software is available to contractors working in this jurisdiction. Go to https://aca-oregon.accela.com/oregon/Default.aspx
ePermitting software provides online access to:
- Apply, pay, and receive permits 24/7
- Inspection scheduling
- Comprehensive permit tracking
- Electronic plan submission
For more information how to use ePermitting please view the ePermitting How To (PDF).
- Residential plans – require 1 set of plans, preferably electronically. Please refer to the residential checklist (PDF) for submittal requirements. Land Use approval from Baker County or your City's Municipality is required. Once the summited plans are accepted as complete the Building Department has ten (10) working days to complete the review.
- Commercial plans – require 1 set of plans, preferably electronically. Please refer to the commercial checklist (PDF) for submittal requirements. Land Use approval from Baker County or your City's Municipality is required. Refer to ORS455.467 or currently adopted OSSC for commercial plan review timelines. Commercial plans are sent to the State Fire Marshall for review for additional comments.